Ventera VT 10
The VT10 mixes intelligent design with durability in a lightweight package that is designed to last a very long time.
The VT10 has no electronic controls in the turbine itself. This means increased serviceability and lighter weight.
HIGH/LOW WIND PERFORMANCE
Our patented centrifugally activated outer blade pitching governor automatically limits blade rpm to about 270 rpm in winds of 29 mph and higher. A centrifugal force activated governor is the most reliable and time proven mechanical concept available, first used to control the 18th century steam engine of James Watt. Warrantied in wind speeds up to 130 mph while still producing peak power, the VT10 offers production when other wind turbines have shut down. In low winds our high efficiency injected molded blades offer excellent low wind performance also.
CENTRIFUGALLY ACTIVATED BLADE PITCH
Our patented mechanical blade pitch system combined with advanced airfoil design avoids the need of intentionally using inefficient blade design to govern output at higher wind speeds through stalling. This means more power at higher wind speeds.
Downwind wind turbines use their blades to orient the turbine’s direction. This means fewer materials, fewer noise points, no tail fin, and the ability to capture more power from higher wind speeds without the surging caused by the antiquated tail designs of the past.
Our blade materials are formulated to reduce the potential of icing and the few moving parts in our blade assembly are protected from direct exposure to the elements by a dome cover.
SUPERIOR DESIGN USING THE BEST MATERIALS AVAILABLE
The advanced generator features oversize rare earth super strength magnets rotated by the blades inside an extra-large, stationary, hybrid copper winding assembly. By over sizing these components and choosing the highest grade steel, Ventera achieves a superior generator efficiency averaging over 90% resulting in more kilowatt hours of electrical energy per month for this size wind turbine.
Grid-Tied Power Production
Average Production: 32-64 kWH/Day with 12m/h wind
Off-Grid Battery Availability
100% Recycled Aluminum and One Piece Cast Iron Housing Nacelle
Injected Molded, Fiber Reinforced UV Blades
Meets IEC Wind Class II
- Patent Number: US 7,186,083
- Rated Power to Grid: 10kW at 29mph-13m/s
- Rated Energy: 2,000 kWh/mo., 14.5mph-6.5m/s at hub
- Cut—In Wind Speed: 6mph-2.7m/s, propeller running
- Survival Wind Speed: 130 mph or 58 m/s
- Moving Parts: 14 – rotor, yaw, outer blade governors, hub arms, dampeners
- Mainframe and Hub: cast 356-T6 recycled aluminum
- Total Weight of turbine and blades: 580lbs – 263kg
- Slip ring Assembly: 4 ring, dual brush & connection
- 3 blade, downwind, fx63-137 airfoil, 7:1 tip speed ratio
- Diameter: 22 feet-6.7m, optimum twist & taper
- Swept Area: 380 SF/35.25 SM
- RPM: 270 peak, 250-270 governor active
- Blade: Glass fiber engineered plastic, injection molded
- Rating: 15kva 240vac at 250rpm, 3 phase
- TYPE: Rare earth PM three phase hybrid alternator, 32 pole, brushless
- Limited 5 years on VT10-240
- Ventera Wind is an American Company with manufacturing facilities in Duluth, Minnesota. The VT10 US Parts content exceeds 90%.
- Certification of the latest generation of the VT10 to AWEA and UK standards is pending.